Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
- Belgrave Heights Christian School is committed to child safety. Our School wants children to be safe, feel happy and empowered.
- We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and our volunteers.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
- BHCS has a zero tolerance for child abuse. All allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently in line with our child safety policies and procedures.
- BHCS has legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
- We are committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks.
- BHCS has in place screening procedures and recruitment practices for all staff and volunteers
- BHCS is committed to regularly training and educating our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks.
- We support and respect all children as well as our staff and volunteers. We are committed to the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
- We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments.
For any concerns related to child safety or assistance with reporting a case of child abuse, please ask for one of our Child Safety Officers.
Statement of commitment to child safety
Download a copy of the statement here.
Child Safe Standard 5 Schools Guide
Download the guide here.
How the school responds to suspected child abuse
Download the template here.